How can I order an official transcript?
Hartwick College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web. You can order transcripts online using any major credit card. To order an official transcript, login to the National Student Clearinghouse here:
Official transcripts are $10 (rush orders require an additional fee). Additionally, there is a $2.25 processing fee per online request. If you are first-time visitor to the National Student Clearinghouse, you will be directed to create a personal profile and user ID/Password, which you will use to place future orders. The site walks you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. Completing a Consent to Release form is required and must be completed with NSC before orders are processed and credit cards charged. The Consent Form should NOT be returned to Hartwick College.
MAIL or WALK-IN
If you wish to order an official transcript by mail, we require a signed, written request from the student. Please use the transcript request form available below. The fee for a mail or walk in transcript is $10 (there is no service fee for this type of request, but there is an additional fee for rush orders). Because we require payment and your signature, we do not process telephone, e-mail, or FAX requests. Please do not mail cash.
If you are on campus, stop by the Office of the Registrar and fill out a Transcript Request Form. We are located on the 4th floor of Dewar Union.
If you are off campus, click here to download a Transcript Request Form. Print out the form, fill it in, sign it and mail it to the Office of the Registrar.
To effectively process your transcript request by mail or walk-in, it is essential that you provide the following information:
- Most importantly, your signature. We will not process transcript requests without a signed request;
- Your social security number;
- Your daytime telephone number (in case we have questions concerning your request);
- Hartwick College dates of attendance; and
- Address to which transcript should be mailed.
Please Note: No transcript will be released to or for any student with an outstanding financial obligation. IF YOU HAVE AN OUTSTANDING FINANCIAL OBLIGATION (HOLD): It is your responsibility to follow up with the Office of the Registrar to let us know your hold has been released. If you do not notify the Office of the Registrar of clearance, your transcript may not be released.
What is the fee for an official transcript?
The fee is $10 (as of July 1, 2009) per copy for alumni and non-active students (payable by cash or check) and $10 per copy for active students (payable by cash or check). If paying by check, please make it payable to Hartwick College. Please note, online orders carry an additional $2.25 processing fee. Rush orders incur a flat rate $25 processing fee to cover shipping and next day delivery.
- All transcripts are processed within 5 business days during . Rush orders are available for an additional fee;
- Each student is entitled to one certified transcript of college credits without cost upon graduation (distributed with diploma);
- A separate form (and an additional $10) is required for each transcript request;
- Hartwick College complies with the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (P.L. 93-380, as amended), which provides for the confidentiality of student records unless released by the student and the openness of records to the student concerned, with an opportunity to correct mistakes in such records.
All downloadable forms on this page are in pdf format. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader if needed to view these forms.
The Office of the Registrar does not provide unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts can be produced through your WebAdvisor account when you are a current, active student.